This is far from a healthy recipe, and it certainly isn’t a fancy one. But it’s cheesy and spicy and delicious and just right on a cold, rainy day (and all the warm, sunny days too!).
1 onion, diced
1 lb ground beef
14.5 oz canned diced tomatoes
8 oz dry pasta
1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
5 tablespoons taco seasoning
crushed red pepper flakes, to taste
salt and pepper, to taste
1. Fry the onion in a shot of oil until it becomes soft.
2. Add the ground beef to the onion and brown it.
3. Add the canned tomatoes, taco seasoning, crushed red pepper, salt, and pepper. Stir over medium-high heat until well-combined, about 5 minutes.
4. Cook the pasta, drain, and mix into the ground beef mixture.
5. Spoon half the pasta mixture into a large baking pan. Sprinkle 3/4 cups cheddar cheese on it. Spoon the remaining pasta mixture over it. Top with remaining cheese.
6. Bake at 350º F for 20 minutes.